The Institute for Training in Ministry is a Christian educational program that will both effectively equip your church people for ministry and involve them in ministry. iTIM is based on the clear biblical command to “equip the saints for the work of ministry and so build up the body of Christ” (Ephesians 4:12). iTIM has been developed to help churches fulfill this biblical command. Every local church can be an effective equipping center that will both train their people for ministry, and engage them in ministry.
The iTIM Educational Methodology
iTIM’s educational methodology is defined as “head”, “heart”, and “hands”.
- First, every iTIM course emphasizes strong biblical content. We ask that learners learn the subject matter well. This is the head part of our methodology.
- Second is the heart. Every iTIM course contains applications to the learner’s own heart and life.
- Third is the hands. Learners are urged to use what they have learned in actual ministry. We are not merely training people for ministry, but also in ministry. A practical ministry opportunity is part of every iTIM course.
How to Get Started
Getting started with iTIM should involve the following steps:
- Purchase and complete your reading of the iTIM Manual. Then (depending on your congregation’s needs) preach or teach on the subjects covered in Chapters 1-3.
- Once the decision has been made to launch iTIM in your church, make your plan, including which course(s) you will offer first, when and where, and who will lead the study groups (aided by the leader’s guide, which is available for 12 of the 18 iTIM courses).
- From our website, order copies of the learner’s workbooks and a leader’s guide. (Orders are shipped from Scottsdale, AZ. Allow 2 weeks for delivery.
- Promote the launch of your iTIM. Challenge your people to become equipped to serve our Lord!
- Monitor your iTIM each week. Encourage your study leaders and their learners. Make prayer for them and their ministry a top-shelf priority. God will give the increase.
For further information or questions please email: itim@TrainingInMinistry.com.